Duties of Office Bearers
- Deposit cheques to ACMA central accounts
- Arrange for co-signatories to accounts (ideally should be other officers of ACMA)
- Keeps central accounts in order.
- Keeps books of ACMA, recording each incoming cheque and sending invoices for ACMA orders.
- Prepares financial statement annually for public officer.
- Keeps receipts and documents for all ACMA incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Lets the executive committee know the level of the budget to determine if proposed activities are possible.
- Issues receipts for all memberships and sales.
- Keeps books available for inspection by members of the organisation.
- Keeps minutes of the resolutions and proceedings of each general meeting and each Committee meeting in books for that purpose, together with a record of the names of the persons present at meetings.
- Collects mail from the ACMA postbox, arranges for annual rental of postbox.
- Answers all correspondence.
- Sends memberships forms and changes of address to membership officer.
- Sends membership dues; moneys for orders; and requests for payment, to treasurer.
- Sends orders for ACMA materials to publications officer.
- Brings matters arising from correspondence to the attention of other executive and non-executive officers as necessary.
- Mails out annual membership letter.
- Insures that the ACMA name and registration number appears on all business documents and correspondence of the organisation.
- Liason with Victorian Government Office of Fair Trading and Business Affairs.
- MUST be a resident of Victoria, aged between 18 and 72 years, willing to let their home or business (street) address serve as the registered address of ACMA.
- Within 14 days of appointment notifies OFTBA of their appointment and ACMA change of address. Within 14 days of of any change of address, notifies OFTBA of these changes as well.
- Within 28 days of AGM, files Statement of AGM with OFTBA.
- Within 28 days of AGM, applies for approval of OFTBA for any changes in the constitution.
- Within 28 days of AGM, files annual financial statement (receiver from the Treasurer) with OFTBA.
- Prepares and monitors the “common seal” of the organisation, and notifies OFTBA of any changes to it.
- Receives all OFTBA communications, and replies to them, communicating with executive and non-executive officers as necessary,
- Requests articles for, edits, prepares for printing, and mails out Chroma to all ACMA members and such complimentary copies as deemed necessary, hopefully on 3 times a year basis.
- Keeps the archive of back issues of Chroma and mails them out when orders are received from secretary.
- Keeps stock of ACMA CDs, mailing them out as orders are received, supplies stock to ACMA conferences for sale.
- Sends complimentary Chroma and CDs to overseas media outlets for broadcast and publicity purposes as requested. Actively seeks out such projects within ACMA as the executive committee approves.
- Notifies the Membership officer of any changes to address received or noticed as a result of mailing out Chroma.
- Deposits a copy of each issue of Chroma, each CD and each proceedings published with the State Library of Victoria (a legal requirement).
- Possibly: collects back issues of all Proceedings and works with Web officer to make them available electronically.